WHEW

Posted by Kae at 6:26 PM

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We are finally married!! Yay!

The day was wonderful. So full of love and life and family...none of the drama that I was terrified would happen, actually happened. *whew*

Married life is an adjustment. M and I never shared a bed even though we lived together for 10 years. We were good! I swear! *G* So of course, having slept by myself for 38 years, it's a total adjustment to start sharing a bed with someone. There are great perks...besides THAT one! *G* I love the "2 am reach" as DogMom calls it. Where, at 2 when you wake up and can't figure out where you are and your heart starts beating a thousand beats a minute and you're starting to freak out and you reach out and...oh happy day!...there he is ready to cuddle you in his strong arms and to chase the nightmares away.

And we've had our first major appliance failure already. *sigh* Our 'fridge died sometime Sunday night/Monday morning. The very nice gentleman (and he really was a gentleman!) who came to fix it said "after all the parts 'n labor, you'd put in more than 1/2 of what you'd pay for a new one. Probably around the same amount actually." So that's what M and I did Monday night. We got a new Whirlpool fridge, nice and pretty and bright. Deeeeep with lots and lots of space in the freezer and 'fridge part. My favorite part is the in door ice maker. Gives the freezer TONS more space. And we needed it since I tend to buy meats when they're on extreme sale and package them up for later use.

God was good to us because Mom and Dad, those lovely, wonderful parents of mine, gave us a wedding present (besides my KitchenAid mixer that I've drooled over and wanted for ages 'n ages.)that pretty much covered the new 'fridge. So, if you're reading this M&D? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Anyway, it's been a nice adjustment so far. *G*

0 berries eaten: