Living Simply

Posted by Kae at 11:22 PM

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past few months about simple living. I don't mean sustenance farming or anything like that. Just living simply. Not having to live our lives to the schedule of the TV or to rush from here to there and back again only to rush someplace else.

Looking around on the internet shows a plethora of blogs of women who are living simply. So I go out to look and 9 times out of 10, or even more likely 10 out of 10, the woman has children, mostly under the age of 10.

It's not that I can't learn anything from these women, but, most of their tips are for other SAHMs or even working moms. Homeschooling seems to be a huge topic as well.

So how does a happily child-free woman learn the "simple" life? Especially one that's home anyway (I have an AMAZING husband!) yet doesn't have a concept of where to begin. Nor do I have the strength most days due to (undiagnosed at this time) fibromyalgia.

How does one simplify? What do I give up? What do I retain? How do I go about doing the things I want to do if I can't lift a shovel or sometimes even a knitting needle?

I guess I need to think this out some more. Decide just WHAT I want to simplify and why. (I know that bills will be a BIG part of it!)I need to get a schedule down...sleeping, cleaning, decluttering...one thing at a time.

*sigh* It'll come. I know it will.

0 berries eaten: