Why honey? Just why?

Posted by Kae at 1:38 AM

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Why in the name of all that is and isn't in this world can't he put something where it belongs?

I mean, he gets close...I'll give him that. But it was one tiny little movement to put the used salad bag into the garbage can instead of on the sink next to the garbage can. Or the milk back into the fridge instead of on the counter next to the fridge...or...or...or...

And these all happened tonight. He wonders why the house gets so cluttered so quickly. Well if I'm in pain and can't do much, the stuff just piles up. Then he gets cranky and I get stressed and the pain levels rise until I'm in bed for days at a time...

It drives me crazy. But I love him and that's really all that matters in this world. He's mine. I'm his.

Warts and all.

2 berries eaten:

Kim said...

Heh. I still do this too, and it drives me NUTS, even when I do it. It's not the effort of BODY that's required, it's the effort of MIND to think, "This needs to go in a specific place", recognize the place it goes, then park it there.

If I'm focused on doing ONE thing, then sometimes it *is* a huge effort of mind to break out of that focus and realize "hey, stupid, the milk doesn't go on the counter". Putting it on the counter isn't "putting it on the counter", it's "getting it out of my hand". It's now forgotten, since I, afterall, am finished using it.

And yeah...it's seriously annoying, even to those of us that do it.

Carol said...

It's a male thing definitely!