You can't rescue them all...

Posted by Kae at 2:25 PM

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Last night I came to the realization that, although I want to rescue every cat in the world that needs a forever home, I can't.

And really, it's not a "new" realization. It was just...well sort of a smack in the face. I was reading my Bible and thinking about how so many people lack the morality quotient these days. And that lead to people who go all gooshy over a new kitten or new puppy (or even new baby) only to lose interest after said kitten/puppy/(baby) grows up.

And then I started thinking about the cats that were in the shelter when we adopted Willow and Xander. Their eyes started to haunt me and I felt sad that I just couldn't adopt them ALL.

I really do want to have a sanctuary where cats can come to live...forever if need be or just be fostered until their forever home comes along.

But until I get the fibro worked out (or whatever it is) and get myself back on the track with being able to drive again and not freak out with panic attacks, the Cat Sanctuary just...isn't...*sigh* feasible.

And it kills me each time I think of a sweet face going to sleep for the last time because someone didn't want them anymore.

0 berries eaten: