Bought a book today

Posted by Kae at 12:56 AM

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Well, technically I bought it last week after watching Oprah but it CAME today. (I adore Amazon.)

Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? By Peter Walsh. I'm only into the first chapter but I keep putting the book down to THINK about my clutter. It's amazing how he seems to be talking directly to ME.

I remember once telling my Mom that my horribly cluttered room was "an outward expression of my inward turmoil." I can't believe that I understood it back then and yet never did ANYTHING about it.

My apartment wasn't cluttered (until M moved in that is) and I took great joy in the fact that I did my dishes every night and put them up every morning, vacuumed every other day (Oscar's fur you know. And then Emmy's) kept my bedroom looking neat and tidy.

Heck, even at work I was organized. Believe it or not. I HAVE the basics. I just haven't put them into practice.

I think most of it is because I feel overwhelmed. Well, that and M doesn't seem to care about the mess and really, after I CLEAN the mess he just goes and makes another mess and forgets about it until I come in and blow up. I need to remember that he's not yet on board but with perseverance and practice (and perhaps a bit of bitching) he'll see how nice it is to have an organized house and will help me out by not leaving his pants in front of the 'fridge. (I know...I know. I have no clue either. Why in the HECK did he drop trou there? *shrug* I can't figure him out sometimes.)

Off to read more of this book. I'm anxious to see how he works the fat in your house and the fat on your body together.

0 berries eaten: