What a weekend!

Posted by Kae at 8:08 AM

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Not that we did anything spectacular or anything. Himself took me to a couple of Half Price Books Bookstores and I loaded up on hardbacks of favorite books and a few new things to tide me by when I have nothing to read. (you just can't have a day with nothing to read!!!)

Also picked up a 8 translation parallel Bible for under $20. It's only the New Testament but it's really cool to have all these translations in one place. It even has the Holman Christian Standard version and the Message. I like the Message for a good paraphrase...for when you just want to have something in everyday language. It's not a good version for Bible study and it has many things that I don't really agree with...but it's nice to have for those times when you want to read of God but don't have the patience to read a more thorough translation.

Hmm. Finally finished my "Maggie Kelly and Viscount St. Just" collection. Maggie Without a Clue was evading my attempts to buy it in hardback! But the HPB in Mason (I'd never been there...it's NICE) had a copy. YOINK! It's now happily on my bookshelf.

The "books for a book-less day" books are Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series. I love Debbie but haven't gotten into these books. I decided to buy them all (except for the very newest one which they didn't have) since I know once I get into them I won't be able to stop. *G* Potato chip books.

Oh and a new copy of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files "Storm Front". If you haven't read of Wizard Harry Dresden...RUN...do NOT walk to your nearest library, bookstore, used bookstore (if you can find them there!) and get them. You won't be sorry. They're fun, a little scary and quite intense at times. LOVE Harry. LOVE Bob. Too much fun.

Other than that, my weekend was a 'bore'. I was to teach Sunday School Sunday, had my lesson all ready to go and...NO kids showed up. I was a little upset. Not mad upset but sad upset. I love teaching and *sigh* wish I could have done it Sunday. *G* But, seeing as it was Labor Day weekend and all, I realize most people were out of town. Not to mention Pastor D was preaching and...he tends to get quite windy and rather "off track". He forgot to give the common cup at my communion table. We had to remind him. *sigh* I love him though. It's nice to hear him preach again. I will, however, be glad that Pastor F. will be back next Sunday. *G*

1 berries eaten:

Sunshine said...

I really need a new bible. I have this ultra thin reference bible that my Daddy gave me when I was a teen, it even says "Melody Anna Gist" in gold lettering on the front. I'm not Gist anymore, lol. Jim and I must look silly thumbing through that trying to find the scripture on the really thin pages. Meanwhile my neighbors bibles have tabs and easy to read sections.