And the grump of the day

Posted by Kae at 1:50 PM

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So, Sunday I was playing with my iPod and it suddenly decided to turn itself off. When I finally was able to get it back on, I couldn't connect to the wi-fi at all. So, M and I tried all of the steps involved in restoring everything including syncing and restoring the complete device.

I was told that, if I synced it BEFORE restoring, everything would be in my iTunes folder and I wouldn't lose any apps or music.

Yeah. Right.

Not only did I lose EVERYTHING, the iPod STILL won't connect to the wi-fi. I call and am told "Oh, you need to have it repaired. You need to send it to...blah blah blah" I didn't even really get a chance to hear how much it would cost. I DID hear that I wouldn't actually get MY iPod back, no, I'd get a refurbished one. Um. I don't care for that at all. I know it's standard but still. I've had my iPod about a year! Shouldn't it still be under warranty??

M said "well perhaps we'll just get you a new one. You want a 4thGen right?" Yeah, yeah I do and I also would like a pony and a lollipop and for rainbows to shoot from my ass when I fart.

Because I KNOW the reply will be "well, we don't have the money right now" and I'll be iPodless for a year or so.

0 berries eaten: