Never remember

Posted by Kae at 2:05 PM

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

There's so much I remember in this life. I remember the obscure places M puts his keys/glasses/wallet/tax information. I remember little weird bits of trivia that no one could ever REALLY want to know.

What I seem to NEVER remember is that I have a blog. And that I should be posting on it. Like, regularly. *G*

Anyway, life has been life and things have been pretty good for the most part 'round here. My diabetes was getting MUCH MUCH MUCH better with the help of Byetta but now the stupid Insurance company is farting around with trying to decide if I NEED it or not. (short answer? YES DAMMIT!) Actually, I REALLY want them to get off their buns and give me the higher dose.

All in all, though, I've lost about 40 lbs. I feel better, for the most part, and I find it easier to walk around...not huffing and puffing and all that. I feel better when ON the Byetta...of course...because I seem to sleep better and wake up with actual ENERGY instead of sleeping like crap and waking up still exhausted.


I'm still in the thrall of the indie perfume scene. Everyone has their Valentine's Day scents up but I'm being pretty good. I haven't ordered any of them...yet. I'm desperate for a few from both Happy Housewife and Blooddrop. I DO want to order from Blooddrop SOON because one of my favorite scents is going away (Garden Hoe) and I only have an imp of it. It's a very green, tomato plant, summery type smell. It's really delicious. Here's what Astrid (the beautiful "nose" behind the delicious preciouses) has to say about Garden Hoe:

With dirty knees and finger nails, sun burnt shoulders and nose you’re just happy to be outside in your garden! Tomato leaf, green bean vines, lettuce and a bit of earthiness for nourishment. No pesticides included.


It's sort of like getting your veggies in...only in sniffy-licious versions!

Even though I've pretty much limited my sniffy acquiring to "I SO know I'm going to LOVE this", I've run out of space in both of my Mini Lane Cedar Chests. (no, I don't buy from there. I look on Ebay. Actually, Mom gave me my first one and I got my second from Ebay. I have a bid on another.)

Maybe that's something I could do. Make Perfume Chests for people who collect Indie Perfumes. Hmmm....I'll have to look into that.

In other news, we have about 18" of snow right now. Might not be much to those of you who live in the North Western states but it has pretty much shut down Cincinnati for the day. M is home and curled up in bed with his laptop, occasionally logging into work and seeing what all's going on. Mostly I think he's just spaced out in front of NetHack. He's so addicted but won't admit it. Grrr.

0 berries eaten: