Oscar's Visit to the Vet redux

Posted by Kae at 7:33 PM

Friday, March 14, 2008

So M and I just got back from the vet's office where I learned to give Oscar his fluid injections. I'd say it was easy peasy lemon squeezie but...even though I didn't have any trouble at all, I started to shake. (thankfully AFTER the injection was done.)

M on the other paw...well...let's just say that *I* will be the only one giving the fluids. He turned a VERY interesting shade of grey and then had to leave the room while the solution was flowing.

Oscar did very very well. He growled a bit while I was holding him for the injection and during the flow but even though he's still pretty unimpressed with me, he's letting me love on him. *G* I think he knows that it wasn't pleasant for ANY of us and that it's going to make him feel better.

I still wish (of course) that I didn't HAVE to do any of this, but it's really nice to know that I CAN do it.

0 berries eaten: